Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Blogging: Is it here to stay?

Blog
–noun
Aweb site containing the writer's or group of writers' own experiences, observations,
opinions, etc.,and often having images and links to other Web sites.

Blogging has become a huge part of the way that I communicate. Almost 3 years ago I started a blog with the sole purpose of not having to talk to my family on the phone. Really, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. If anyone in my family of 8 called wanting to know about what was going on in my life I would direct them to my blog. If you have a question or want to tell me something, there is even a special place where you can leave your questions or comments...I will get back to you as soon as I feel like it.

3 years ago I was a single guy living in Las Vegas working as a valet at some of the hottest spots in town. I had so much to talk about, like the time Mike Tyson came out of a night club so drunk he was falling all over himself and the small group of people he was with. In that moment, I fantasized about how it might have been the one time in my life I could go over and punch Mike Tyson without him being able to do anything about it. Did I call my family to tell them about it...Nope.

Since then I gave up that job to go to school here at the U. I got a part-time job working in the Student Services building making A LOT less money. I did however find my wife, which really put the kibosh on my single lifestyle. I really shouldn't complain, she is playing the role of sugar momma perfectly. Needless to say, my pool of ideas and experiences dwindled and became a lot less interesting.

Anyway, after getting married my blogging took a new direction and I had to write about girly stuff (like how romantic our Valentines Day was) to appease the Mrs. And now that her parents were apart of the viewership, I had to tone down the content a little too.

Blogging is fun, it is a way to get your ideas out there without having to argue with anyone...like your family.

How do your blogging experiences compare?

No comments:

Post a Comment